Thursday, February 26, 2009

Do you read a book or a Kindle?

This morning I spoke on Media Bistro Radio about book marketing, my own publishing experience, and the Kindle.

I mentioned how I am not going to buy one, it isn't my style of personal reading. I mean what if I drop my Kindle, then I just broke my book. I want to hold a print bound book in my hand, however I think ebooks can be good for pre print book marketing and promotion, -I mentioned on the radio interview how an ebook available for a certain amount of time at a certain price could be good for pre-print book sales, marketing and public awareness, also to enhance the later print book sales.

Also technology is in right now, and social media so if you can entwine social media with your book promotion all the better! However I do not get as excited as an author about an ebook as I do about a print book in my hand.

Do you think the Kindle will succeed?

Let's go on the subway and observe: What I see is no one reading a Kindle. Everyone is elbow to elbow stretching newspapers as much as possible and eyes on print news.

Maybe the Kindle population is taking a cab?
NO one I know is reading on a gadget. Some are not reading at all, or only reading blogs. Maybe it is the price of the Kindle?

The Kindle is not cheap. I do think kids, teens, High School students would be a good market for the Kindle but $150 bucks is a lot for a parent these days, and a teenagers income working part time can't afford it. However I think more kids,teens, High School students, might read more if it was on a gadget because technology is their world. Kids would read more maybe if it was being read on a gadget.

I also think Hospitals should try to get a few Kindles, so that patients can read them while sick or being treated or recovering after giving birth, maybe the Kindle people could do a promotion by donating a few to hospitals.

No comments: