Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fire-up your positive spirit

Hey Girls,

No matter your pursuit, no matter your size, or your height and no matter where you are from, no matter if you start with nothing, or from scratch, remember you gotta strive for it with your heart, strive with the mindset that there will be days that are not so great, and strive for it while knowing you might very often be your own cheerleader, and need to fire-up your positive spirit, you gotta strive for it knowing that trying is the biggest part of accomplishing. Give yourself a chance to strive.

When you are working towards something, it helps to have something that you can turn to for inspiration when you are having an off day or moment.

My time is limited, I don't spend hours and hours watching TV, there is a lot of other things going on, and when I watch movies, or TV, or read it is usually for the sake of learning something, to learn something about something that will make me feel inspired. If it isn't heartful or inspiring, or has a lesson or humanistic story attached to it, I usually don't spend time watching or reading it.

For me, I enjoy reading most memoirs and biographies of people and women who are overcoming challenges and have paved their own way.  I don't read or get too absorbed with gossip or crap that is lacking heart, and instead I think it is best to keep your mind thirsty to learn and to be influenced by the positive. I like learning how something started, whether it is from a story about an aspiring or growing small company, or a person who is overcoming the odds, or even a horse, I love the book Seabiscuit and the movie Seabiscuit, I loved reading the book Chanel: A Woman of her Own, and What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures by Malcolm Gladwell was good, the book involves stories, ex: Why are there dozens of varieties of mustard but only one variety of ketchup? What do football players teach us about how to hire teachers? What does hair dye tell us about the hustory of the twentieth century?  To me the stories that are based on questions and wonders like this which are found in the book, they are interesting and inspiring as well.  Check out this book called "The Happiness Project" -Have you heard of it? Check out a sample chapter: http://www.happiness-project.com/


What inspires you, gets you thinking, fires you up, and what do you do when you need some inspiration?

~Isobella

No comments: