Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's rare I'd go totally bare but I don't decorate or cake on my face

Hey Girls,

I was reading this article in The New York Times by Catherine Saint Louis called Up the Career Ladder, Lipstick In Hand about a study by Procter & Gamble, which sells CoverGirl and Dolce &Gabbana makeup asking Does Makeup Really Get You Ahead in Your Career?

"The study’s 25 female subjects, aged 20 to 50 and white, African-American and Hispanic, were photographed barefaced and in three looks that researchers called natural, professional and glamorous. They were not allowed to look in a mirror, lest their feelings about the way they looked affect observers’ impressions."

"It (makeup) increases people’s perceptions of a woman’s likability, her competence and (provided she does not overdo it) her trustworthiness... which also confirmed what is obvious: that cosmetics boost a woman’s attractiveness."       



It's rare I'd go totally bare faced, I mean I've gotten more comfortable with my 'light makeup covered face' but I'll admit I'm about to take out the trash out down the hall and I'll put on a little powder, not totally go bare faced, yeah I know it's just the trash, but that's me. From the article, I like the two middle images of the 'natural' and 'professional' look best and they also would work well for a print models beauty shots...too much makeup can actually cover up your real beauty. Based on the article I am not totally positive you will get more trust from your co-workers if you wear more or less makeup tho? But if you don't wear any makeup at all I won't judge you for it.

In modeling even for a beauty shot less is more and having clear skin and a nice even comlexion is important to book work. If the casting is for beauty or involves smiling towards the camera and showing your personality, a natural face is best, skip the thick eyeliners and bold eyeshadow and all that glam, save that for events and parties. Sure I'm def a mascara and lip-gloss/stick girl but I don't go overboard with it.

Facing the face isn't always pure joy, we all have our bad face days, but a clear complexion means a lot to me and I try to take care of my skin daily so that I am comfortable with it when I am wearing less makeup and when I do I notice and love my real natural beauty more sincerely too.

You can read about the results on the study here and if you want express your thoughts on this feel free or write me at petitepride@yahoo.com with Skin Deep in Subject.

Give some love to the real you, :)

~Isobella

No comments: