Tuesday, August 25, 2009

my top 5 ways to improve America's Next Top Model

I don't really obsess over America's Next Top Model, or the winner, or the contestants but this season I plan to watch and observe and obsess a little. For it is the season of the shorter model (or so-called shorter, I don't think 5'5" or 5'6" is really that short).

There are many things about ANTM that upset me. Here are my top 5 ways to improve the show based on what I think is wrong with it.

1. Tyra leaves the girls cold and when they are kicked off....they are left thinking...what's next? Improve this!

2. Tyra has themodels hold a snake or do weird things that have nothing to do with real modeling. Sure, I have posed with a live animal, a Tiger, but most models need to learn how to pose with products mostly! Improve this. Add products to the show of all types, handbags, shoes, etc.

3. She only talks about fashion modeling which is the smallest percent of the modeling business. Especially when the average American viewer is under 5'4" and all she talks about is tall chicks. There is no relatable aspect to the viewer. Improve this!

4. She has never shared the language of the modeling business, the real day and the life aspects of being a model, and elements that a model should have, know and use such as: what is a voucher, the meaning of a portfolio, why a comp card is important, what happens at a casting, etc. Please improve this!

5. It is hard to watch without thinking what is the real point of this show?... "Is this show full of ****"

No comments: