Saturday, November 21, 2009

Models that jump or hang.

When I lived near Water Street I was shocked when model Ruslana Korshunova, 20, jumped to her death. Even recently, when I go to FED Ex on Water Street I feel slight chills thinking about it. Recently I read that South Korean Supermodel Daul Kim hung herself.

It makes me wonder and sad that if under the makeup and clothing the girls do not have love for themselves? To model, I think that it takes confidence and one has to have very,very thick skin. This sad news makes my head tilt down as I type this, these girls are walking the catwalk but are they not mentored? Do they not feel they can share things with their agents, especially if they are depressed? The highs and lows of working in a fast pace industry can take a toll on the mind and emotions. What do you think about this?

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/11/21/2009-11-21_south_korean_supermodel_daul_kim_hangs_herself_after_blogging_about_depression.html

No comments: