Monday, May 3, 2010

Hans Silvester Natural Fashion: Tribal Decoration from Africa



I was intrigued with this article I recently read featuring the photography of Hans Silvester and his book "Natural Fashion: Tribal Decoration from Africa." I found it really awesome, impressive, of the fact that the tribes didn't have mirrors, the article reads:

"-the only way one can see oneself is through people's reactions. An image of oneself...can therefore only be constructed through the eyes of others."

I do think it would be interesting to live, and create fashions through natures textures, and put on handcrafted body paint, without mirrors, using someone's eyes as the mirror. Will check out the book.

I am trying not to look at the mirror as much, I do find that it is easy to non-stop look at yourself in the mirror, window reflection, I have even checked myself out in a parked car's side mirror. I dropped my mirror today actually. So glad it didn't bust and shatter everywhere!

No comments: