Saturday, October 2, 2010

Had a great time at the Self Publishing Book Expo today

Had a great time at the Self Publishing Book Expo today, there are so many choices when it comes to writing and publishing books, there are even way more choices today than 3 years ago and mainly I think people who want to be authors should consider becoming publishers because it is the now and the future. I have my own press Gamine Press which I publish under and I have worked with large and small publishers and self published as well through BookSurge (now CreateSpace). I know one thing never changes no matter how you publish, there are MANY choices now,  which is a good thing, but means there is a lot more to think about, and more roles for an author to take on...the most important: you are your best marketer.

These are the authors I chatted with today on a panel:
Alisa Fleming http://www.godairyfree.org/
Randy Kearse: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/10/nyregion/10books.html


Great stuff.

No comments: