Wednesday, September 1, 2010

To Lilit Marcus I'd rather be homeless than work a 9-5

I don't work a 9-5 but I work all freaking day, working for yourself is being your own damn assistant alot! I know what it is like to be your own assistant and carry signage, huge signage across the West Side Highway and almost bust your ass, I know what it is like to wait an hour at the post office and smell the guy in front of you who has terrible body ordors, and staying up past midnight every night working so hard to make a personal deadline that your brain is so freaking fried that thinking is hard to think about, however I am lucky because I am not working a 9-5 and I can't get fired because I surely would if I was, and if I get pissed or upset really I am the boss to hate so I just take a 5 minute break on the couch and maybe even cry and then... after some swearing, I'll fix my mascara and carry on. Anyways was at Lilit Marcus @saveassistants Book Party tonight for her book called Save the Assistants, and gave her my "Model Life" graphic novel. I hope she likes it. Check her book out! Click the title above,  clicking to look inside won't work.


And by the way, I was once living out of a suitcase by choice because I'd rather hustle than work a 9-5, so although I am not homeless anymore, I would rather be homeless again than ever work wake up every day just for my lunch break that only lasts about 10 minutes. If you do work a 9-5 and you are handling it well then that's awesome, if you do then I hope you strive to make sure it is something that you love to do, that raising your heartbeat and makes you actually think, however sitting in one place all day makes me have ants in my pants, I have a hard time sitting still, faxing, and taking orders!

~Isobella

No comments: