Monday, January 3, 2011

The night my perspective on romance novels was enhanced by Lady Jane's Salon reading series

So tonight I went to this romance reading at Madame X on Houston St. And tonight I bought my first ever romance novels. Met and got books signed by Lisbeth Eng and Delilah Marvelle. I don't know if I could become obsessed with romance novels but I dig the detail and historic storyline in many of them.

It was fun listening to Delilah Marvelle, KT Grant & Lisbeth Eng.

I had a cool chat with Deliah :) and bought her book and also Lisbeth's book because I honeymooned in Italy and I love Italy.



I hope this inspires you to check out romance novels.  I may not become die-hard romance novel but it was def a memorable experience to attend the Lady Jane Salon event. Next month is their 2 year anniversary!! http://www.ladyjanesalon.com/

About the event:
Lady Jane’s Salon is Manhattan’s first reading series devoted to romance fiction, founded by romance authors Maya Rodale, Hope Tarr, Leanna Renee Hieber and blogger Ron Hogan. Join us on the first Monday of every month at Madame X in Manhattan to hear your favorite authors read from their latest works.
Admission is $5.00 or one gently used romance novel. Cash bar. Proceeds to benefit organizations that support women in need. Sponsor: Ron Hogan, Beatrice.com.

Visit Lady Jane’s on Facebook and follow Her Ladyship on http://twitter.com/ladyjanessalon

I hope you can check out their next events!

~Isobella

1 comment:

Hope Tarr said...

Delightful to meet you at last night Salon, Isobella. I hope you'll mark your calendar for next month, Monday, Feb. 7th, 7-9 PM chez Madame X, when Lady Jane celebrates Her second birthday as well as Valentine's. We'll be raffling your generously donated copy of ALMOST 5'4," live streaming the event to Borders Group Inc.'s romance blog site, True Romance, and toasting it all with plenty o' champers!