Monday, November 7, 2011

Favorite Little Thing: Dream Water and my tips for sleeping sound

Hey Girls,

Have you heard of Dream Water? It's getting a lot of buzz. It's a liquid suppliment for all natural sleep. It comes in a cute small bottle 2.5 oz shot that comes in two flavors Snoozeberry and Lullaby Lemon.  You can find it at Duane Reade stores, Walgreens, Walmart and many other national wide stores, you can read more about it and how it works here.


However, I don't think it is a good idea to become dependent on sleeping supplements all the time or every single day, and only suggest taking them if you really are struggling with sleep and can't fall to sleep after trying other helpful ways to snooze, such as:

Take the time to decompress.
Something that helps me fall asleep is reading a a book /ebook before going to bed, it's relaxing and fun to read but it also can tire the mind, having some uncaffeinated hot tea calms me too and helps me relax, doing yoga can ease stress, also I like to write a to-do list for the next day or write down in my journal my goals for the week and things I need to focus on and make a priority so I don't go to bed stressing about all the things in the works. By writing down my goals and the next day's plans I can also release these bullet points from my mind and fall asleep easier when my mind isn't dwelling on everything I need to do all at once.

Take care of your body.
Also be aware of what you eat and drink during the day. Don't drink coffee, soda or energy drinks until 4 pm if you want to get to sleep before midnight! I'm trying to drink less coffee, it's hard, I know, but I'm trying to be aware of how much coffee I drink because actually it makes me more tired mid-day and makes it so hard to sleep. And be aware what you order on nights out with the girls, that Red Bull and Vodka has Red Bull in it! So obviously you won't be able to get to bed soon. Remember also to cut sugars before bed. Fill your body and brain with water and fruit and veggies for energy throughout the day, snack on an apple, yogurt, a granola bar to get a boost during your day, and add some exercise to your day, even walking or for 30 minutes, moving your body can inspire tiredness at the end of the day.

Take care of your mind.
I find that relaxing my mind helps me sleep and involves finding a peaceful thought and being in a calm state of mind. To release all my stress and worry and focus on all I am thankful for and all that I hope and plan to do for others and getting back to the inner me daily, and to help get me to dreamland.

If all else fails, listening to soothing instrumentals music can inspire sleep, or listen to Louis Armstrong sing A Kiss to Build a Dream On!

~Isobella

No comments: