Tuesday, July 29, 2008

listening to male models talk about National Underwear Day

Today at my casting I listened as the male models talked among themselves. Jeez,male models are of a different breed. Now these were not the typical run way models, but there was a good look blond that did look like Ken, you know Barbie's boyfriend. His hair was almost golden! I listned to them talk about how they were all booked to work a promotion in Time Square Underwear Day, and were suppose to pose in thongs an underwear and how they wanted the $500 rate, but thought the rate was a bit low. They all were from the same agency- (I do freelance with them as well), it was interesting how they all thought the exposure would be really good, ( I don't really agree, I think print means more to a modeling portfolio.) But I just listened. Well, I did comment when one of the guys complained about doing promo work and I said, "Why not be pickier." He looked at me like I was nuts, but I really think as a freelance model you do not have to go on castings and accept jobs if you don't want to. They were obviously new models, guys that look good who are new to this word "model". Alot of male models, like female models, end up naked. But you can be picky about it if you want to be.

The casting we were waiting for was for a body job, but it paid really well and although it involves being naked, it is different than flaunting it in Time Square. WOrking with a brand is a bit different, seriously!

Although I think this is a problem many models run into, they are so afraid or nervous to say no, that they accept everything and end up not really going forward or doing jobs that really improve their porfolio. (although it is good to impress and be easy to work with, you should always think about the job you are accepting before you accept it,) they all seemed so unsure about the promo job they were talking about.

They all looked trim, and tone, all different heights, I felt like I was in high school again, they all looked pretty young and it did remind me of Zoolander a bit.

When it was my turn I went into the casting room, it was for a body part job, when I got inside I had to be basically naked besides wearing a thong. I was wearing the tiniest thong I had. It is for a television network poster/ad for a popular series.

Lets hope I book it!

No comments: