Sunday, March 6, 2011

Be Your Own Best Publicist book contest winner is Grace

Hey Girls,

Recently I chatted on my podcast radio show with the co-authors Jessica Kleiman and Meryl Weinsaft Cooper  about their savvy new book called Be Your Own Best Publicist, and held a contest to win a copy of the book that involved sharing the ways you use PR techniques to strive within your pursuits/ in the workplace. 

Our winner is Grace! This is what Grace said about using PR techniques within her career and job pursuits.

"I generally find that being my own best publicist involves good communication. When someone sends me an e-mail with a potential speaking job (I do speaking engagements for a non-profit organization), I generally try to get back to them as soon as possible. If I can't do the engagement, I generally give them a reason why and keep it upbeat. I find that people appreciate honesty, and it makes them feel better to know why. Most of being a good publicist involves good listening skills. By listening carefully, I usually can figure out what the person is asking me to do. When the person is finished talking, then I ask questions."

Congrats Grace :)

You can read about the book and authors here also check out the book here.

Aim high and strive,
~Isobella

No comments: