Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Father wrote this about "Thoughts and Statements"


Hey Girls,

I'm sorry that I haven't written so much lately. My father passed away on Saturday, Feb 26th, 2011 and it has been a tough five days. But I know his spirit of kindness and compassion is still here. Here is part of his obituary, that I wrote:

Curtis was lifelong resident of Syracuse and was born on February 12, 1948 to Frank and Patricia Staub. He holds a BA from SUNY Oswego in Philosophy. He also attended Corning Community College.
Curtis was known as a great conversationalist and was extremely knowledgeable. He was a deep thinker with an impressive memory and it was as if he had The World Almanac stored in his brain. He could also carry a tune.


He had been through his own struggles during his life, but had never lost his positive spirit. Curtis was a thoughtful, kind, funny and generous man, and gave random acts of kindness daily to those around him, even to animals. He believed in compassion as a common sense and recently had said, "Life is about fun if you don't hurt others, but then you have to at some point try to help others, and then your life is worth it."

While reading through some of my father's writings recently I found this, it was titled “Thoughts about Statements” and I wanted to share it:


Soul and Kindness,

Spirit and Meditation,

Marks and Measures,

Meaning and Wisdom,

Purpose and Progress,

Heart and Loving,

Expression and Listening,

Relief and Rejuvenation,

Peace and Giving,

Serenity and Well Being,

Gratitude and Attitude. ~CRS
 
~Isobella
 
P.s: in chapter two of my memoir Almost 5'4" and throughout the book I do mention my father and you will find how my name of Isobella Jade came about as well. My father had read my memoir and had enjoyed it and he had believed in my perseverance, also he recently had shared with me his thoughts and suggestions for a screenplay I am currently working on, and I will miss his mind, his insight, and his voice very much.

No comments: