Saturday, March 5, 2011

Thank you Phoenix Firefighters and all of the great firefighters from Onondaga and Oswego counties who fought the fire.

Dear Phoenix Fire Chief John Delahunt and Captain Ed Mason, and all of the great firefighters from Onondaga and Oswego counties who fought the fire. Including the firefighters from the other departments including Liverpool, Cody, Moyers Corners, Caughdenoy, Baldwinsville and Mexico. My family and I send you a huge thank you for all your efforts and for all that you each do each day on the job, it really means a lot, it’s not forgotten, and you are amazing people. Also we want to send a huge thank you to Oswego County Undersheriff Robert Lighthall and Oswego County sheriff's Sgt. Robert Moskal and Investigator Jim Pietroski. My father, Curtis Staub, would have been proud of your efforts. And if you can catch a glimpse of his warm heart here: http://obits.syracuse.com/obituaries/syracuse/obituary.aspx?n=curtis-r-staub&pid=149042319


With Great Gratitude,

The family of Curtis Staub

My father loved Ricky Nelson and Elvis songs, Willie Nelson, oldies, and I also love and listen to them and know too actually. I have fond memories of singing with him these songs when I was a child. I remember there was a music event at Onondaga Lake and The Platters were there, and we were close to the stage, and my father lifted me up to the stage and one of the singers kissed me on the cheek.  "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes", "The Great Pretender" and "Only You (and You Alone)".
This one is for you Daddy

No comments: