Friday, October 30, 2009

Model Life: The Journey of a Pint-Size Warrior launch!


YAY! just signed my first in-store copy of my graphic novel "Model Life" in BN in Tribeca! If you like books signed by authors check it out!

"Model Life" should be in your bookstore by now if not very, very soon. I hope you can check it out. The story is based on my modeling adventures and I wrote it for not just aspiring models but girls of all heights. Plus the graphic novel world needs some more girls! right!

Also my illustrator Jazmin Ruotolo is amazing.

You can also meet her at my launch party for Model Life: The Journey of a Pint-Size Fashion Warrior (Soft Skull Press), at MercBar on November 12th 2009 from 7-9pm.

Model Life is a celebration of the self-discovery that comes with being self-made and the triumph of beating the odds in modeling, and is based on the real adventures of petite model Isobella Jade.

With a live-photo-shoot involved, this is not going to be your typical book signing. Whatever your height, if you appreciate graphic novels, art, models, fashion, and illustration, it will be a memorable experience.

Model Life is truly a graphic novel for our current Internet/digital age readers and features emails, instant messages, and texts as the main form of communication throughout the work

No comments: