Monday, August 15, 2011

This weekend found my hands in the Macy's commercial job I did

(A collection of hand modeling shots from Bon Appetit magazine)

Hey Girls,

Modeling isn't just about being a tall lanky giraffe, and to get opportunities it can mean noticing your assets and putting them to use. I've worked as a hand model many times over the years and this weekend, among writing, cooking, cleaning, I found my hands in the Macy's job I did. I froze the commercial and made these stills.

May this be inspiration for a couple things.
1. There is not one definition for what a model is.
2. A model has to hunt down her work.

That's my hand! Handing off hats, an a purse, and a gravy bowl. As a body parts model, I know my hand by heart, and it's a good idea I do, and it's a part of this model life. The size of my nails and fingers, and also when I am on the job I always keep in mind of what my hands are doing, what the shot involves, so I can remember when I am hunting for my work later ~Isobella







P.s: Go me and my books! Check out my book Short Stuff: on the job with an x-small model, on BN.com or Amazon.com (also the bok is an ebook too!)  In Short Stuff, I go behind the scenes of some of my modeling jobs and also share tips for short chicks as well :) Also be sure to download the Comics+ app in the app store for your iPhone or iPad, because my graphic novel Model Life is going to be an app soon! And until September 3rd you can get Almost 5'4" as an ebook in the US for $3.99! whoo hoo!





No comments: