Sunday, September 23, 2007

Newbies to the modeling world!

Hi new models out there... girls, and guys! I just wanted to give you the heads up that anything is possible. All you need is to strive, strive, strive, I am most likely the tiniest model in NYC and I have found ways to get into the agency doors, to get print work and work with national ad campaigns and beat the odds. You might be new and not sure how to enter a business or try. I would say...work with people who have goals as big as yours or bigger. Ask a lot of questions, and focus on your strengths not your weaknesses. Say you have a big nose...well don't like that bother you... focus on your long beautiful hair or edgy short bob, or you great hands, legs, or eyes. And remember being sexy isn't the only form of modeling out there. Hand modeling pays up to 150-$3000 a day depending on the magazine or ad campaign. The best moment in my modeling career was when I finally met a photographer who wasn't just shooting me for the fun of it, but was shooting me to allow me to just be myself and he listened to what I was really after, and it lead to my first tear sheet in Women's World magazine... Don't give up, but also don't expect to get famous or your tear sheets over night, just model because you know you are good at it, and have a backup plan, have a lot of goals in life, not just one....and you will attack each one!
Cheers!
isobella jade

No comments: