Thursday, May 22, 2008

day and the life of a body double


A body double or celebrity inserts: replaces a featured actor for close ups of certain body parts. Parts could be legs, hands, whole body, hair, feet, stomach, backside. a body double can get up to $1000 per day or more.

Body doubling is something petite models can do- it can be for movie posters, movies, films, print, and commercials, movie trailers, and more. Usually a petite body double is needed for an actress who is 5'1"- 5'5" and most petite models are this size.

Body doubling can involve being fully clothed and wearing the outfit the actress wears in the movie/film/ print ad/ commercial. Or it can involve being nude.

For this audition today I did get down to my underwear and I had to show my backside, my front, and my profile. It is for a film and for a well known actress. We'll see!

It is good to submit your body photos ( could be in a swimsuit) to a casting director or modeling agency that has opportunities for body doubles. I would google them! This is a good article on Slate.com on body doubling and butt modeling if you want to check it out.

No comments: