Thursday, May 8, 2008

What is the difference between a commercial print model and what is a fashion model

While walking down 18th Street yesterday, going to pick up some prints at Adorama, a tall girl walks by. Model. I say to myself. Then I start to wonder: What is the difference between a commercial print model and a fashion model.

A fashion model is based on standards, measurements, and having a unique look and plays a part in the fantasy of the art of fashion story telling. Her mouth is usually closed.

A commercial model is based on energy, and involves more of being yourself. She sells T-Mobile, or McDonalds, OPI nail color, is seen in a commercial for anything from Dipers, to an apartment or condo duplex, she models to sell a product with her energy, holding a handbag or wearing a Payless shoe. Her mouth is usually open!


I love modeling because I love to sell, and use my energy to do just that.

www.adorama.com/

No comments: