Sunday, June 15, 2008

What should be on your modeling compcard

Here are some suggestions for what should be on your modeling compcard. I use Print NY in NYC and also www.compcard.com for when I need a quick card or some backup cards since modeling compcards can run expensive. Usually compcards are about a dollar a piece for an in color on both sides.

Front of the card

A nice headshot, think about hair care boxes and the way the girls smile naturally or jewelry ads are also a good sample of a nice idea for a front shot. Similar to a headshot, looking fresh, not a ton of makeup and like a beauty shot.

Your name should also be on the front of the card, down at the bottom would be good.

I would stick to making the text simple and readable, no fancy cursive is needed.

On the back of the card:

I have seen girls do it many ways. I think it is best to ONLY show your best images that show your personality, that show you can model a product, that show your smile and diversity.

You don't always need 4 images, it could be only 3 on the back and it could be in many styles, the most important thing is to not clutter your card. You only should show 4 max. Any more can look very messy and it is too much to visualize.

You will put your height, Dress size, bust, waist, hips, hair, eyes and shoe on the back of your card:
Mine reads:
Height: 5'4" Dress: 0/1 Bust: 32 Waist: 22 Hips: 33 Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown Shoe:6

( yes I fib a couple inches on my height but only because my legs are proportioned and lean and I look taller in photos.)

You can view my compcard designs here at compcard.com for ideas, or also go to some agency websites like FFT Models, or Flaunt models, or R&L models, and you will see some samples of what commercial print modeling agencies want to see on a compcard.

These are some samples of my own designs at compcard.com
http://isobellajade.compcard.com/

Congrats for making a compcard! You are on way your way, you need to have your marketing tools to market yourself. :)

No comments: