Thursday, December 11, 2008

LL Cool J and Sears Grant a Wish


I really enjoyed LL Cool J's feature on Rachael Ray. He mentioned the Grant a Wish involvement with Sears, and also how his grandfather inspired him and gave him a gift of his first turntable and in turn, his voice.

You can hear about it here at Sears.com. I like learning about what inspires people, and the roots of a person's success, where it stems from.

I like that Sears is going this too.

As a kid going shopping was an ordeal for me and my family, a big deal, a unique one, and a special one, it didn't come often. I also remember going to Sears, and feeling so happy standing with my Mother at the checkout line with a few really awesome items that I could show off and wear through out the year. I got my first platform shoes there ( I think they were Candies), and felt so "ready for the day," wearing them in High School.

LL Cool J is also an author, and you can find his book called "LL Cool J's Platinum Workout: Sculpt Your Best Body Ever with Hollywood's Fittest Star" here.

No comments: