Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Modeling Truths of Being Marketing Savvy

There is this girl on Myspace who contacted me and she is ambitious to make it despite being only 5’1” and despite that clothing is made for taller woman on the runway, and that is the attitude more girls need. It isn’t only about modeling it is about doing something you want to do and chasing it. No matter what it is.

Sometimes you have to create your own dream. Make it happen for yourself and there is nothing wrong with it.

In my book called Almost 5'4", I am very blunt and honest about how my roots had everything to do with doing it myself...and how the Internet helped to make me a model, how it made me think beyond the box and think about how I could get ahead with out an agent until I got one….and about how the Internet has changed the modeling business to be more about self serving, ...and if a small town girl like me can get modeling work then honestly anyone can. You just have to be open minded and understand the truths of where you can honestly get modeling work.

I have a nice body even though I haven’t run competitive track in like 4 years, and I am starting to realize that I should get some fitness shots of myself and submit them to Self Magazine, and Running magazines and fitness magazines, because running was my life for so long, and there is no reason why I can’t intertwine my running into my modeling.

No comments: