Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Being a model and not accepting the standard meaning

Sometimes saying I am a model is misunderstood and just the other day I had a conversation with a guy who thought a model was only playboy or vogue. ERRR. It is frustrating to explain sometimes that I am neither that playmate or the tall giraffe. It is inspiring me to write articles about being in the industry and how modeling means many things. Sort of like a Lawyer, there are many types of law. Sort of like a designer, there are many types, handbag designer, sunglasses, clothing, shoes.

A Model is more than standard. I think it comes with being open minded, and not being limited to one viewpoint. On anything really.

So instead of saying, " I am a model," we should say " I model shoes, or I model handbags, or skincare." Saying just the word model is not a good enough Definition.

No comments: