Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Modeling and friends

I am really glad you read my blogs, but even so it is so important to have friends and support to help you along the way towards your modeling goals and pursuits. People who you can interact with each day. I am so thankful for my friends because during my pursuits I have needed them to stay inspired, and also to learn a thing or two.

Learning about the modeling business is a very tough. Especially if you do not know anyone physically who you can meet with and talk to about it.
The first photographer who gave me advice had a studio on 29th St and I would visit his studio weekly and just going there helped me feel energized and ready to go and he was also very smart. He could give me honest advice and help answer the questions I had about where I wanted to go with modeling.

I feel so lucky for him in my life. And to this day we are still friends.
( i talk about him alot in my book Almost 5'4".)

Also I have a friend who is also an aspiring actress and TV Host and being arounf her is also great because you need people in your circle that are physical, daily and not just on a computer screen. Face to face interaction is how you really make connections and also make friends. These people could also be of an entertainment and arts trade, such as a photographer, a writer, a producer, a director, a painter even. Someone who understands what it is like to strive, to have a goal.

I also love hanging out with my friend who is a handbag designer because while we might not be of the same trade, we understand the struggle, the good times, the work, and the marketing involved and we can talk about it.

No comments: