Monday, October 6, 2008

Every girl wants to be a Model

"Oh I'm a model too, oh my friend's cousin is a model, oh yes my sister is a model...well sort of."

I am sure you have heard it before, someone making your pursuit, the same old thing, and expressing "it" the "modeling" as something their friend, and everyone is doing, and to be honest it does sort of bothers me.

I take my pursuits seriously, and the modeling jobs I do, I like to think that not just any old jane with a Myspace profile could do.

I think the word model has changed a lot and the line is drawn over professional and play. I don't play with the word model, and I think a lot of girls do. But I think of it as a lot more serious than that. Playing with the word and really just showing off photos on the web is not modeling.

It is playing with an unrealistic style of showing and exposing themselves.

It is like playing with their own confidence and letting it be defined by hits and clicks when in the "real" modeling business it has nothing to do with how popular your Myspace account is, modeling has to do with "do you have the look" they are looking for, are you available, do you know how to pose with products, are you easy to work with, -usually shoots are on a time schedule, half day and full day, and no one wants to waste time and money.

Real modeling and amatuer world clash at the seams, and there is a real line drawn because just showing off might be the trend right now, but if you ask a girl of the modeling social sites to share how many legit modeling jobs she has had,-the blank stare is the answer.

I believe in you want to do something and claim a title for it, you have to work for it and do it in a fashion that is honest, legit, and ambitious.

There are no short cuts in my life style of modeling.

No comments: