Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Internet Model Obsession

The girls of the web are known as these creatures to be admired, but what are they really doing?

In terms of modeling they are counting hits and clicks and so-called friends on Myspace?

It sounds a little weird. I wonder if these fans of theirs would show up at an event they held or will even know who they are in 5 years?

I have used the Internet ALOT during my pursuits but I never thinking of myself as an Internet model, I think of myself as that Different Kind of Interent Model, the girl who uses it as the tool to research, and seek out the representation from real agents, and to keep in touch with REAL friends. Also I use it to research editors, and magazines and brands I want to work with.

Because it means more to me, to my purpose when a girl says, " I discovered you recently and thanks for the modeling tip." Compared to winning the girl with the most friends on Myspace.

I think there is a big difference when all your FANS or hits and clicks come from men, and not woman...do you?

I'd rather be on the road for the long road, not the walk around the block.
I'd rather pose for ad campaigns, and because I know I have a great body, use it for brands and in ways that actually make more money and in more long lasting ways.

I might write about my past, days when I was that girl, but moving on to bigger things and more intriguing opportunities that speak in tearsheets and working with quality photographers who let me tell the story through the lens, where I am not a tease but more.

In my mind it is easy to stick your ass out and call yourself a model, but it doesn't fufill me enough, I want the ad campaign, I want the commercial. I want more.

There are ways to get ahead, get known, be who you want to be, make a statement, and effect people without being another internet model.

No comments: