Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Modeling with Craigslist

I roll my eyes at the same casting all the time. While I scope out Craigslist to see if anything legit is out there, there is always the one casting that sticks out like a sore thumb. That scam!

It usually has a headline like "Photogenic people needed!!" or something really obnxious like "Fashion and Print Models" and then include in the notice that models 5'2" are welcome. For most agencies they will never say We welcome 5'2"...even if they do. Because although models of that height CAN get work, the image of a model is not 5'2" usually. Usually Nike doesn't call the agency and say "send me all your 5'2" models.." so think of it that way.


While there are agencies for petite models, usually they do NOT list height, they are commercial print modeling agencies that accept petite models and they just say, petite models....NOT "Female & Male up to 30 years old, and Kids from 5 month old and up Height: 5'2 and up."

When a modeling agency bluntly says "all short girls welcome!" it makes me skeptical. It makes me weary

No comments: