Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The View on ABC mentions the Digital risk today

On the View on ABC today I made a little grin when the fact that almost every person in the room had a facebook page or a Myspace page with their information all spilled on the Internet, open and free and able to be ogled and also hurt.

In my modeling memoir I speak on this first hand, since I googled my way in the modeling world and there are photos out there of myself from 2001, some which I don't like, and this is the type of risk we face when we download photos on the Internet, so remember there is nothing wrong with having a million Myspace friends if that is what you want, but don't download photos you wouldn't want your grandmother or your boss, or your sister to see.

Within Internet modeling millions of girls want to be a model and are striving through the web to be one, making connections and it can be a benefit, it can open doors that would be shut otherwise considering the standards of the modeling business and the face that models are not discovered as much as they were 20-30 years ago, today anyone can be a model by a download, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't look out for yourself, and be weary and careful!

When I look back, a lot of my very good friends come from one way or another the Internet...and the Internet has taken over our daily communication but it is a tool, a machine, and it can sting! So don't let your mother see you naked on the Internet ( hence my book)- unless you can handle the aftermath.

Sincerely,
isobella jade

No comments: