Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Y-3 New York Adidas launches the first freestanding Y-3 store in Manhattan

My boyfriend received a really cool mailer today from Adidas. Since three is my luck number I had to mention it. The white enveloped with only a stamp and the Y-3 on the back stating no address just the trade mark was intriguing. Opening it, inside was a presentation by Adidas with (almost compcard side cards) these white cards explaining the concept of the store and it read " The "Y" stands for Yohji Yamamoto, the "3" represents adidas' three signature stripes and the "-" signifies the link between the two." Then enclosed was also a few stock cards of women and men jumping around and doing fitness poses.
It was intense.

Mmmm very cool I thought. Location in the Meatpacking the district you can check out the store, after you of course go to the Apple Store.

www.Y-3.com

This is also an example of how important a good mailing of your compcard, headshot is to your modeling pursuits or artistic pursuits. With all the spam mail out there,..I am very big on Mailing snail mailing, post mailing. Actually I can't stand the lady at the post office ( she is a real snot sometimes...) but I go there about 4 times a week. anyways! Use this example of Adidas marketing as inspiration to mail out some of your own marketing material and promote you!

No comments: