Thursday, January 29, 2009

Call me crazy but I like this recession actually

Ok, so I know it sucks to waiting for paychecks (comes with the modeling biz)and shopping for less but then again it is a normal thing for me. I never spend without thinking, Do I really like this? I could care less what so and so is wearing, and I think of fashion as art, some I like, some I don't think is art at all. So in a weird way I like this recession, maybe it will teach people that spending more than you can afford or using the credit card as an ego boost for buying a handbag that defines your wanna ne status is unrealistic.

Let's face it, NOT all of us can afford $1000 handbag and we shouldn't. I mean honestly, why has retail become such a crazy obsession that leaves many people, girls, feeling hopeless without a shopping bag in their hand? I didn't read the book "Confessions of a Shopaholic" because I really don't dig that shit. I have a guilty conscious and I could care less what the Kardasians are doing today. However I know, when economy turns again though, people will want to keep up with the Kardashians just as much as they did beforehand...since they'll once again spend over their limits. It is just sad. Many of the spenders are of my generation, and if we can recall we didn’t grow up with coach wristlets or any sort of handbag on our arm at all for that matter. We were the cabbage patch kids, the care bears, the smurfs, Save by the Bell, My so Called Life, my little pony, we were not retail whores.

I hope that women who rely on their handbags to define them will at least bring some unique style to their arm, I am sick of seeing every chick with the same frickin bag! Robots.

Life is more than the bag you carry, and the gossip you gab about.

No comments: