Thursday, January 29, 2009

What the heck is a CV and do I need it?

I have been seeing two letters C and V next to eachother on many writers websites recently.

No click here to view resume, it is all about clicking the C and the V.

So what is this CV thing?

First, CV stands for: curriculum vitae

Ok, What is it?

According to Dartmouth.edu, -it is a summary of your educational and academic background. Its purpose is to outline your credentials for an academic position

For more on this slang for resume see this link:
jobsearch.about.com/od/curriculumvitae/Curriculum_Vitae.htm

However,I am not sure I am ready to put the CV on my writing portfolio resume yet. Just not comfortable.

1 comment:

syeds said...

C and V together called as Cv is nothing but life history of someone. Including his personal details, education qualification address etc.