Saturday, September 13, 2008

AMERICAN EXPRESS and ZAC POSEN ENCORE SHOW FOR CARDMEMBERS MERCEDES-BENZ FASHION WEEK






On Friday, September 12 at 9:30 PM I was here.


Tonight I attended the American Express and Zac Posen's one-of-a-kind private runway show. It was truely amazing and I wanted to kick my ass for not bringing my camera! I went to WWD and found my favorites from the Thurs show. But tonight was so amazing and the fantasy came alive, the models were all so beautiful, an asian, black, ethnic, tanned, beautiful hair, and makeup was so confident and glowing and the dresses were flowing like angels wings. These are a few of my favorite dresses from the collection and his suit was just oh so very get-the-fuck-out-of-my way!

Thank god my boyfriend is a cardholder and we got to enjoy this night together at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. I loved how after the show Zac sat with André Leon Talley and they
discussed Zac's design history, and how he used to steal his sister's dolls and dress them, and how he started as a student at the pre-college program for Parsons in New York and how up to 4 hours before the show there is sewing going on backstage.
Well for a dreamer, and a person who creates in such a vibrant storytelling way as Zac Posen he might take inspiration from the world, his family, his friends, the street noise of New York City, but I love how he said his clothes are meant to make a woman love herself more and feel good.
If you are looking for a person to admire, someone who is a go-getter who follows their pursuits and has gone from GenArt's Fresh Faces in Fashion New York 2001 to now being a world wide name, look to Zac Posen.
We also enjoyed Ports 1961 and Gottex shows this week as well, and Dave Matthews, and so many wonderful dinners.



No comments: