Thursday, January 24, 2008

Petite Modeling Lifestyle: The Hungry Win!

The biggest advice I can give any model, aspiring model, and girl who is curious about modeling is to like yourself ahead of time and to treat modeling like a marketing business. The best thing to have is quality photos, the next is the drive and ambition to even book your own work and not being afraid to bang down doors. My personal hustle has meant that I have had to act as my own agent before I got one. I have had to make my own comp card, and mail it out. The next thing to remember is quality! To find a photographer, you need to be able to sell yourself, what you are looking for and where you are headed. Letting the photographer pick the pose, the place, the outfit, is helpful sometimes but also you need to take control and know what YOU want and need. These days I have been the creative director at my own shoots, planning the look, the theme, the clothing, the look, even sometimes the angle of the camera. And I work with photographers who are talented, driven and who are open to ideas. When it is a creative collective project and photo shoot the results will be better.

Alot of girls, especially glamour models think that being PAID is the big thing about modeling and my opinion is different because..while it feels nice to hold cash in your hand from an afternoon of shooting with a photographer, it feels better to hold a CD of images that will actually get you somewhere ahead....like leading to a magazine, or putting together a compcard, or adding a photo to your portfolio that can be used to market yourself.

No comments: