Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The American jean and dream of Levi's Jeans by Isobella Jade

The patent was first rejected, but the passion was there, and Levi's Jeans has an amazing business history worth knowing.

Founded in 1853 by Bavarian immigrant Levi Strauss, Levi Strauss & Co. is one of the world's largest brand-name apparel marketers with sales in more than 110 countries.
The brand has national spirit, and the 501's have a history of being the American Jean.
Marilyn Monrie made them sexy, Bruce Springsteen made them a bad ass favorite.

Now I am not a major, major, die hard Levi's Jeans Girl, I am petite, so I think they need more petite sizes and styles, and I do have a booty and I feel some of the thicker denim fabric can even make my ass look flat, but I do like the Levi's history. I am a history junkie, I like when a business has a story, a real hustle behind the brand.

I think they fell off the map in the 90's and I don't remember anyone "cool" wearing them in High School. I graduated High School in the year 2000. And I don't think any of my friend's wore them in college.

But their current edgy commercials I think will attract people, I know a couple were banned in the U.S Market but I think Levi has it going on again. If you are petite you might want to check out their Petite sizes. And it is nice to find a pair of jeans for under $50!!

I do remember in about 2003 working a promotion at the Levi store in SoHo and the fit was really not there for me, but I am not giving up on the brand. I am smaller than a 0 and I can be smaller than a 24 sometimes depending on the brand.

So I am looking for that perfect Levi's Jean and I hope I find it.

On the website the smallest is a 2 short. Mmmm might need a pin or clip.

If they need a petite fit model I hope they call me.

No comments: