Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dave Matthews Band Founding Member, Sax Player LeRoi Moore Dies


Oh my gosh, this is not a post I want to post, but a founding member of the Dave Matthews Band has died!

A very big part of the band.

I am so looking forward to the benefit concert Stand up for the Cure, on the 10th, but this puts a real sad shame in my heart. LeRoi Moore, who is the sax player in the Dave Matthews Band, has died. He was only 46 years old! USA Today reports that "..he died Tuesday from sudden complications stemming from injuries he sustained in an all-terrain vehicle accident in June."

Dave must be so distraught. He was a key part of the band's eclectic jazz-infused sound and I always looked forward to the sax solo's. DAMN! This really sucks. He was so talented.

Ant's go Marching will not be the same. But this band will live in history along with LeRoi! I will be still clapping in the memory of LeRoi!

No comments: