Thursday, August 7, 2008

Christian Bale in Batman and Newsies and Jack "cowboy" Kelly


When I think of Christian Bale, I don't think of Batman, I think Newsies! I am 10, it is 1992,
When he sang and I was enticed.

When he was Jack "cowboy"Kelly.

Do you remember Newsies? I can still belt the words to the songs,,

"Pulitzer and Hearst they think they got us, but do they got us. NO!

"Thats your cigar...you'll still another,...hey bummers we got work to do."

"Kings of New York!"

"A Thousand Voices. A Single Dream."

"Santa fe"

"Seize the day!"

And Christian can dance really well too.

And I even googled some Newsies things and actually found this Youtube video. Holy Moly there is a whole set of scenes and songs of the movie there, here are some more!

There are even kids who have made their own little Newsie music videos. Here is one.

my friends and I used to makeup our own little dance routines, but this was in the 90's and people weren't so digital savvy then.

Well I need to find Newsies, the movies and buy it. I need to find it, and I do have a Blockbuster gift card,( still gotta use it) so I might look for it on there, or ebay or something!

It was the first time I really saw male actors on TV and I could feel something for them, the news boys were so cute, but also so powerful in my little eyes, little David Moscow was such a bad ass, and the movie, about the battle between the Joseph Pulitzer and William Randolph Hearst and the newsboys based on when they raise the distribution price one-tenth of a cent per paper that the news boys sold, was my first historic movie that I could understand.

I actually have my own little newsboy hate, seriously.

Anyways, Batman was amazing, I can't believe the action was all natural and I loved that. I am glad to see movies are not all crazy digital tricks, but actually really intense with hard physical work from everyone on set, it makes the movie so much more memorable. And Heath was seriously award winning.

But still when I think of Christian Bale, I think of Newsies.

No comments: