Monday, August 18, 2008

Vanity Fair and Paul Newman



Last night I read a great article on Paul Newman in Vanity Fair. ( I love VF for their great long and girthy articles jam packed with info, Patricia Bosworth did a great job with the articles and I learned a lot about the blue eyed talent and humble man.


Some Paul Newman trivia: He is color blind, He had 6 children, His 20 friend's were his test tasters for his salad dressing, he directed his wife Joanne Woodard in Rachel, Rachel, he was known to say to students at the Actors Studio, " -not acting. It's reacting. You gotta be in the moment," and he would say, "and always ask yourself the key questions to actors asks:


Who am I? What am I doing here? Where am I going as a character?"


I agree! And I love that! Thanks Vanity Fair and Patricia.

No comments: